Sunday, January 23, 2011

Flashback: In Vogue....Our favorite PoliticalGirls: Jill Biden


Jill Biden was featured in Vogue Magazine in the November 2008 issue in the article titled, "All the President's Women." I love how the article not only talked about her relationship with her husband but it also incorporated all the important women in the Vice President's life.

One of my favorite paragraphs:
Jill Tracy Jacobs developed an early independent streak. Her parents were not very religious, but Jill wanted to be part of a church. So in ninth grade, she took it upon herself to take the classes required to join the Presbyterian church. Around the same time, realizing that she wanted "my own money, my own identity, my own career," she got a job at the age of fifteen. "I think I'm most like my father," she says. "He seemed to be pretty independent, and with five girls, you can imagine, he was a strong man. He was certainly my first hero." When I ask her when she first realized she wanted to be a teacher, something she has dedicated most of her adult life to, she surprises me. "I would say that my teachers are probably turning over in their graves," she says. "I was rebellious in high school. I just had a good time. I enjoyed life. I enjoyed dating, I enjoyed my friends. But there was always that love of English class. My grandmother sent me books, so I loved writing and reading. That was a major part of my life."

I love our Second Lady! I wonder what projects and programs she will be supporting this year?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...