Sunday, December 19, 2010

Oprah in the New York Times: “I look at this launch as the birthing of a baby, not the raising of a child.”

Getty Images
Brian Stelter of the New York Times interviewed Oprah Winfrey ahead of her OWN (Oprah Winfrey Network) channel debut on January 1. In the candid interview, she spoke about the many expectations and doubts many have about her new venture.

“I’m prepared for all the critics, I’m prepared for all the naysayers and the ya-da-ya’s. The real truth is this: Everything I’ve ever done has prepared me for this moment, for this launch," stated Oprah.

She also discussed the difficulty she has had overseeing the cable channel along with ending the long running "The Oprah Winfrey Show" set to concluded in May.

“I have not been able to devote the amount of time and energy that I could and should be able to do in the future," she stated, talking about her current tv show.

You can read more of the 3,00 word profile, here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...