Wednesday, December 15, 2010

PoliticalGirl Spotlight: Claudia Gordon

Claudia Gordon is the first Black deaf female attorney in the United States. Ms. Gordon graduated from Howard University and then American University's Washington College of Law in 2000, and currently works in the Obama Administration as a Special Assistant to the Director of the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs and a member of the Council of Women and Girls.
Growing up, my next door neighbor was deaf and I have always admired her strength and determination. Ms. Gordon's story reminds me of her....her resolve not to let her disabilities stop her from accomplishing her goals. Claudia Gordon is defintely a politicalgirl!
I dealt with discrimination and oppression on a daily basis. People believed I was unable to learn and succeed simply because I could not hear. These experiences convinced me that I wanted to be a vehicle for change.”  - Claudia Gordon

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...